From 1 April 2019, the only listing duration option for all fixed price listings will be Good ‘Til Cancelled. Existing listings with other durations will continue as they are until their specified end date or until they sell out. If these listings are renewed, Good ‘Til Cancelled will be the only duration option. Short durations will be reserved for listings in the auction format.
Good ‘Til Cancelled listings renew automatically every 30 days, unless the item is sold out. You will be charged a Listing fee for every 30-day period, if you go over your monthly free listing allowance. Of course, you’re able to end a listing at any time.
We continue to work closely with third party tool providers and API developers to help them prepare for the upcoming change. If you do continue to upload fixed price listings with short durations via external tools, we will override your selected duration.
Why are we making this change?
We’re making this change because we believe Good ‘Til Cancelled listings result in higher overall sales for sellers. Having your listings on-site for longer, increases your chances of making a sale. In addition, Good ‘Til Cancelled listings perform significantly better on external search engines, such as Google, hence bringing greater traffic to the site and to sellers’ individual listings.
Additional benefits of switching to Good ‘Til Cancelled are:
- Sales history and watchers are retained, which may positively impact a listing’s search ranking.
- Listing downtime during manual renewal is eliminated.
- The out-of-stock feature is exclusive to Good ‘Til Cancelled listings. It allows you to keep your listing performance history until you restock the item.
- If you’re working with an external listing tool, we advise you review your settings in time for the change. Please contact your provider for details.
- If you use the out-of-stock feature, please ensure that the number of units in stock is accurately reflected on your listing.