The Time Away tool will help you better schedule time away from running your eBay business and improve the experience for buyers.
The Time Away functionality replaces our holiday settings and is available to all eBay sellers. When you need to take time away from running your eBay business, you can schedule a break using these settings.
For fixed price listings you currently have two options. You can:
- Hide listings from search, so that buyers can no longer find and purchase them.
- Keep listings visible, so that buyers can continue to purchase them but will be notified that you are temporarily away.
Benefits of Time Away settings
The new Time Away settings give you new options when planning ahead to take a break from your eBay business or if you have to take a pause unexpectedly.
- Unlike its predecessor, holiday settings, the Time Away settings are now available to all sellers.
- With Time Away, you can hide and resurface your listings in almost real-time and reduce any time delay to a minimum which could negatively impact your business.
- A new scheduling functionality will enable you to plan ahead and prepare well in advance.
- Estimated delivery dates and dispatch due times will be adjusted when Time Away is scheduled for active listings. This means your buyers will receive realistic dates automatically without you having to manually change the time yourself.
- Negative feedback related to postage will automatically be removed when Time Away is turned on, provided you post any items by the updated dispatch time. If you need to take unexpected time off, you can set your Time Away to start immediately and within a few hours your dispatch due time will be extended and your listings will be hidden, if you choose that option. It is important to remember to fulfil any prior selling obligations.
There are no immediate actions for you to take. From the end of September you will be able to access the new Time Away functionality by going to:
Account Settings > Selling > Time Away