What's new for eBay Shopfronts
eBay Shopfronts are a central shopping destination where buyers can learn about you and your business. They are part of the eBay Shop subscription.
What you need to know:
- We are making eBay Shopfronts more secure, better optimised for search engines (SEO), and more mobile friendly, as well as improving merchandising options.
- For sellers with non-custom eBay Shopfronts, the change is automatic and no action is needed. Also, your Shop URL will remain the same, with the addition of HTTPS.
- For sellers with custom eBay Shopfronts, your Shopfront will remain as is for now, but we encourage you to opt-in to the new experience to benefit from the new enhancements and keep listings free from active content and HTTPS-ready.
- In the future, we will move everyone to the new experience.
Starting in May 2018, we will begin updating eBay Shopfronts to ensure we are connecting businesses to shoppers in the best way we can. The newly-designed experience will improve search engine optimisation (SEO), enhance the mobile experience, and provide new merchandising opportunities for eBay Shop subscribers. The new experience will also be active content-free and HTTPS-ready, and therefore more secure.
- A better mobile experience.
- Enhanced SEO and traffic benefits.
- Showcases more relevant products for buyers.
- Provides a higher security standard.
Please note: After May 2018, it will no longer be possible to set up a custom eBay Shopfront and it will not be possible to convert back to the old experience.
The new eBay Shopfront design will look similar to eBay's homepage and other category pages. Below is an example of the new eBay Shopfront experience:
Example from the eBay.com experience
Frequently asked questions
This change isn’t happening until May, should I invest in some customisation now?
If you are a new Shop subscriber, we highly recommend that you do not invest in any custom HTML Shop experience, as this will not be supported after May. We recommend that you use the native eBay Shops experience.