Manage your eBay Shopfront
- We're updating eBay Shops to provide a better shopping experience and to improve security.
- By the end of May 2018, Shopfronts without custom content will be moved to a new, fully secured and mobile-enabled template.
- In June 2018, we'll redirect Shops with custom content to a new, dedicated URL. This is to maintain HTTPS security across our sites.
- Some Shop features will be removed and some migrated to Seller Hub which is available on international eBay sites. This is because the vast majority of sellers no longer use them or they've been repurposed in Seller Hub.
Migration of eBay Shopfronts
As we announced in Spring 2018's Business seller news, we'll update eBay Shops that don't use custom content in order to provider a better shopping experience and align with the HTTPS security standard. The benefits of this update are:
- HTTPS compliance
- Merchandising opportunities, like featured items, for all Shopfronts
- Ability to personalise your Shop by adding a logo, description, billboard images and custom categories
- Improved search engine optimisation (SEO)
- Enhanced mobile experience
We haven't yet updated Shops that use custom content. However, in June 2018, we'll move Shops with custom content to a new URL in the following format: https:www.ebaystores.ie/ShopName. This is to maintain the "Secure" label, as provided by Google, on our main pages.
We'll automatically redirect your previous Shop URL to this new URL, with no action required on your part. However, we do recommend using your new Shop URL to reduce page loading times for your visitors.
Features in your Shop subscription
We're making significant investments into Shop subscriptions and will do our best to make sure we've kept the features you find most valuable and useful. However, on our journey towards a more secure experience (HTTPS), we'll have to move, replace or remove some features.
You'll continue to have access to eBay's promotional tools through your Shop subscription including Sale event + markdown events.
Our ambition is to provide you with everything your business needs to sell and grow, and these updates are reflective of that.
If you don't have a Shop subscription, but are interested in the benefits that a Shop can bring to your business, you can subscribe here.
Upcoming changes and how to access features
|Feature||Until June 2018||From June 2018|
|Shop Summary||"Manage my Shop" in My eBay||Seller Hub's "marketing" tab|
|Sales reports||"Manage my Shop" in My eBay||"Manage my Shop" in My eBay|
|Promote similar items||"Manage my Shop" in My eBay||Discontinued as the majority of sellers no longer use this.|
|Traffic reports||"Manage my Shop" in My eBay||Discontinued|
|Search engine keywords||"Manage my Shop" in My eBay|
We've embedded the best practices of SEO directly in the new Shop experience. This means you no longer need to take separate actions to improve SEO.
|Listing Frame||"Manage my Shop" in My eBay||"Manage my Shop" in My eBay|
|Newsletter||"Manage my Shop" in My eBay||"Manage my Shop" in My eBay|
|HTML builder||"Manage my Shop" in My eBay|
Discontinued for non-custom Shops.
To ensure HTTPS security, we no longer support custom HTML for new Shops.
However, this will remain functional for Shops with custom content created before May 2018 until further notice.
|Promotional flyer||"Manage my Shop" in My eBay||Discontinued|
|Favourite seller top picks||"Manage my Shop" in My eBay||Discontinued as the feature is outdated|
|RSS Feeds||Manage my Shop in My eBay||Discontinued as the majority of sellers no longer use these.|